“ONLINE registrations will end at 12:00 Noon EDT on Saturday July 11th.
You can register on site in the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Pavilion at the following times: Tuesday July 14 from 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM; Wednesday July 15 through Friday July 17 from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM and on Saturday July 18 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM.”
Click to view and/or download the latest schedules. (PDF format)
OK, now what do I do?
Click for a quick overview of WCS2015.
WCS Exclusive: Circus Photos from Around the Globe
In another first for Worldwide Circus Summit 2015, the creative work of some 10 circus photographers will be on display in a series of DVD presentations. By agreement with the photographers, these DVD-based presentations will be shown only at WCS at scheduled times and will not be available for sale or distribution.
One of the participants in this unique project, Swiss photographer Vincent Manero chatted with coordinator Lane Talburt during Vincent’s most recent American photo expedition to document circus personalities and their routines. In this two-minute video Manero explains his passion for photographing circus animals, and elephants in particular:
WCS entertainment director Joe Barney has announced the addition of two premiere clowns, Elmo Gibb and Chuck Burnes, Cole Bros. ringmaster Chris Connors, and a traditional and magical old-time flea circus presented by Bob Yorburg to the ever-growing line-up of performers and speakers during this five-day extravaganza. Read more …
50+ participating organizations! View the updated list here.
Worldwide Circus Summit 2015
The Worldwide Circus Summit 2015 will be held on the Big E Fairgrounds in West Springfield, Massachusetts USA from July 14th until July 18th 2015. The Summit will be a unique and wonderful opportunity for a wide variety of circus-related organizations to join together at a world-class location at a common time to hold their conventions, meetings and/or activities and share their love for the circus. The theme of the Summit is: Celebrating the Circus … Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow!
- Each organization will hold their own conventions, meetings or gatherings BUT come together at common times for mutual seminars, workshops, entertainment, circus performances and band concerts, exhibits, socialization and fun!
- Although the Summit will be hosted by the Circus Fans Association of America, it is being organized by a Summit Committee, which consists of representatives from each participating organizations. THE INTEGRITY OF EACH ORGANIZATION WILL BE RESPECTED AND PRESERVED. These groups contain a wide variety of expertise in their own unique areas and will not infringe on each others’ expertise.
- A series of seminars and panel discussions will utilize the Summit theme of “Circus Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” to examine the evolution of circus in the broader context of contemporary global society. Leading authorities including historians, academics, circus professionals and circus artists will provide attendees with an unprecedented perspective on the importance of circus and circus arts in the twenty-first century.
- The Summit will also celebrate the people of the circus.
- A Hospitality Tent will be available onsite days and evenings for socialization, relaxation, circus movies and food and drink. Casual food will be available at the tent, and more formal dining will be available at the historic Storrowton Tavern. Please note that the Big E is a fenced-in secure area! For further information about the venue, click HERE to visit the Big E website.
- Hotels of all sizes and price ranges are available nearby and RV sites are available on the Big E fairgrounds during the Summit. For more details on RV site rental, contact Barbara Pelli at 203-378-4538 or click to email.
- Transportation: We strongly recommend that conventioneers travel with others, and/or rent cars at the airport. This will facilitate easy transportation to and from the airport and to and from their hotel to the WCS2015 daily, and any sites they want to see in the area. Event parking at ESE ($10 per day), is INCLUDED (at no extra charge) with your convention identification.
Identification will be issued to each conventioneer at check in and must be worn at all times for admission to our events.
Be aware that there is no free shuttle from the airport to any of the convention hotels (none of the hotels are close enough) and the shuttle buss service from the hotel to ESE will be “limited” (not continuous).
“Every organization we’ve approached has joined, and brought in others. With bridges being built between the circus, it’s fans, and each other, it’s time to discover what can be done together in our mutual best interests. It’s time to cross those bridges. Everyone who is registering to attend should make efforts to register young people to bring along. This convention was planned to take place during the summer to address the many requests I have had to make it possible for students and teachers to attend. This is it – this is the BIG ONE!” ~ Gary Payne
Be sure to visit and “Like” our Facebook page for all the latest news.